I modified this recipe from Rachel Ray Everyday magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop a head of broccoli, place in a pot, cover with water, and heat until the broccoli turns bright green.
- Dice onion (I use green onions to make it kid friendly). Mince one garlic clove. Saute these in one teaspoon of olive oil, with salt and pepper.
- Drain and rinse a can of white beans, canellini, great northern, or navy, and add to the skillet. Saute a few minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and toss into the beans.
- In a baking dish, top tortilla chips with the bean mixture and sharp cheddar. Bake until the cheese melts.
Serve with salsa. My daughter loves this; it is her favorite food.
I made ‘homemade’ tortilla chips by tearing corn tortillas into quarters, tossing them with one tablespoon of olive oil and some kosher salt, and baking them until golden. Easy. So much better than the bagged kind.