Honey Drizzled Walnut and Cinnamon Baked Apple Wrap
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on a whole wheat tortilla.
- Chop an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover the tortilla with the apples.
- Place 1/2 oz of walnuts or pecans beside the tortilla to roast separately.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Top the apples with the roasted nuts, then drizzle with a little honey and enjoy.
That was breakfast along with my usual cup of warmed milk and coffee.
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Potato
- Bake a medium potato. Hint: rub the skin with olive oil, salt, and pepper before baking.
- Boil an artichoke and let cool.
- Mix 1/2 c cottage cheese, a big handful of chopped spinach, a diced green onion, a diced boiled artichoke stem and heart, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Slice open baked potato and scoop some of the insides over to the ends, thus creating a cavity for stuffing. Fill the cavity with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with a little parmesan cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve with artichoke leaves. Jarred artichoke hearts would save time.
We ate wonton soup, with yellow squash, sliced snow peas, mushrooms, and spinach added to mine. I put a big handful of fresh spinach in the bowl then ladled steaming soup over it. Belle’s soup was just broth (with hidden shredded carrots, ha!), chicken, and wontons.
Exercise – This morning I began to feel a little queasy, and since Belle was just sick, I thought I might come down with the bug at any moment. Afraid I might not be able to do my exercise video later, I did three sets of ten reps of each:
- Skater squats
- Bicep curls, 10 lb dumbbells
- Tricep lifts, one 10 lb dumbbell
- Modified inclined pushup with alt. twist arm lifts
- Modified lunges with front kicks – to the best of my ability.
I think my system fought Belle’s bug off. Maybe exercising right before you get sick strengthens the immune system. And I bleached everything.