A tropical spin on avocado toasts, these pack 19 g of protein and 31 g of healthy fats, good amounts of vitamins A and C, and are delicious. Can be made ahead for a quick breakfast or packed lunch.
Ingredients per serving
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Opt: sliced bell pepper, green onion, cilantro
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 tsp sriracha or other chilli/hot sauce
If making ahead, use store-bought tostados instead of the tortillas and olive oil and replace the avocado with packaged guacamole.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Rub tortillas with olive oil and salt
- Bake tortillas for 10 minutes or until golden. (Or use store-bought tostados)
- Slice tomatoes and other vegetables if using. Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, sriracha, salt, and pepper.
- Smash avocado. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper. (Or use guacamole).
- Spread avocado on tostados. Top with tomato mixture. Serve with boiled eggs.
Nutritional information: 475 calories, 31 g fat, 37 g carbs, 19 g protein.