This cheap and easy noodle salad tastes like Thai take out.
For each serving:
- Make Thai lime dressing (equal parts lime juice and fish sauce with chilli/hot sauce and a little sugar).
- Cook half a pack of ramen noodles without using the seasoning packet.
- Chop vegetables and herbs. I used cabbage chopped into strips, sliced tomato, and cilantro.
- Right before draining the noodles, toss crunchy vegetables (cabbage) into the hot water then immediately drain. Rinse with cold water.
- Add tomatoes and toss the salad in Thai lime dressing. Sprinkle with chopped herbs (I used cilantro).
I had lime dressing left from making Thai Shrimp Salad yesterday, so this whole salad was ready in a few minutes. Find the shrimp salad recipe under main dishes.