Sautéed cabbage and carrots, with a little bacon and seasoning, taste like the inside of an egg roll. Belle likes it!
- 2 cups Chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2)
- 3 slices of bacon, and the rendered grease
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Few shakes of garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the vegetables and collect all ingredients.
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven. Set bacon aside but leave the grease in the pan. Add sesame oil. Keep the pan hot.
- Drop the vegetables into the hot pan. Add the soy sauce and seasonings. Let the vegetables on the bottom cook a few minutes, then stir. Continue to stir every few minutes so the vegetables on the bottom cook. Remove from heat after about 8 minutes, when the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Crumble bacon over and enjoy.