Farm fresh tomatoes and basil, mixed with a little olive oil and crushed garlic, seasoned with salt and pepper, and then tossed with warm angel hair pasta and a touch of lemon juice, makes a delicious yet fast meal. I also tossed some squash and onions I found at a farm stand, along with the beautiful early tomatoes, into the pasta.
I’ve been eating tomato sandwiches on homemade bread for breakfast and lunch. I have one tomato left for tomorrow. Time to find more.
Did I write just yesterday that I didn’t need a cheat day? As soon as we started making Easter treats Saturday morning I knew I wanted to sample and lick bowls, so I tracked every taste.
Continue reading “Easter”
1. My go to spinach and egg salad: This makes a great packed lunch
Continue reading “A Handful of Ideas for a Handful of Spinach”
With a hint of crunchy bacon, creamy avocado, and a bright and super easy dressing made from pantry staples, this salad packs nutrients and decadence onto one 348 calorie plate. Continue reading “Spinach Salad with smoky mustard vinaigrette”
Easy, frugal, filling, and nutritious – this soup is a favorite slow cooker meal. Egg noodles would work Continue reading “Easy bone broth – wonton soup (from rotisserie chicken scraps)”
1. It’s time for paper plates, disposable cups, and plastic utensils.
2. Rotisserie chicken! Just add a handful of bagged salad and wash a fruit to go with it.
3. Bagged salad! Just add a can of tuna, a handful of grape tomatoes, and bottled dressing, and it’s good enough. Grocers sell a variety of chopped vegetables in the produce section now, too.
4. Greek yogurt and frozen berries – breakfast is ready. Also cottage cheese and canned pineapple. I sometimes have this for lunch and breakfast.
5. A banana and a spoon of peanut butter, with or without a wrap or bread, is also a fast meal.
6. Add salad and or fruit to a Lean Cuisine type frozen entree, canned soup, or sandwhich.
7. One serving of delivery pizza with salad or fruit also works, plus there’s pizza for Belle when she balks at another chicken meal.