After one slice of the leftover blueberry cake with citrus cream cheese frosting, I wanted more, and for the first time in months, I decided to eat more.
1. It’s time for paper plates, disposable cups, and plastic utensils.
2. Rotisserie chicken! Just add a handful of bagged salad and wash a fruit to go with it.
3. Bagged salad! Just add a can of tuna, a handful of grape tomatoes, and bottled dressing, and it’s good enough. Grocers sell a variety of chopped vegetables in the produce section now, too.
4. Greek yogurt and frozen berries – breakfast is ready. Also cottage cheese and canned pineapple. I sometimes have this for lunch and breakfast.
5. A banana and a spoon of peanut butter, with or without a wrap or bread, is also a fast meal.
6. Add salad and or fruit to a Lean Cuisine type frozen entree, canned soup, or sandwhich.
7. One serving of delivery pizza with salad or fruit also works, plus there’s pizza for Belle when she balks at another chicken meal.
Being treated like I’m a fellow human would be great, but I don’t think people are capable of that. So just stop staring. And don’t glare. Continue reading “Stop Staring”
“The goodness of God is the highest prayer, and it comes down to the lowest part of our need.” – Julian of Norwich
Depressed – speaking coherently a struggle. I start to talk but keep forgetting what I was going to say. So tired. Continue reading “Depressed, but improved throughout the day.”
“Another day well lived,” – from a sparkpeople chat.
It’s like my brain has fallen asleep and cannot wake. On the worst days I have to force myself to make facial expressions, Continue reading “Fighting Depression”